10 Tips for Effective Email Sales Letters
1. Write Your Objective - Before you write your sales letter, write down your marketing objective. Is it to generate inquiries about your products? Is it attract subscribers to your ezine? Is it to find a joint venture partner? Having an objective will help you focus your copy.
2. Make A List Of Your Product's Benefits - How will it improve your prospect's life? How will it save them money or time? How will it make them more productive? Use the top three or four benefits in your email. Be specific and tone down the hype.
3. Spend Time Creating Effective Subject Lines - Don't rush through this task. A subject line is the equivalent of a print headline. If it doesn't catch their attention right away, a reader won't bother opening the message. Avoid writing cute puns or play-on-words. Make your subject line sound valuable to your prospect. For example, "5 Ways To Increase Your Web Traffic." Using this "How To" approach is one of the most powerful tactics in advertising. People are always hungry for info on how to increase sales, save time or increase productivity.
Another effective technique is to ask a question: e.g. "Need More Web Traffic?"
4. Select Your Words Carefully - With the increasing use of anti-spam software, even legitimate "opt-in" emails often get blocked. You need to choose words that prevent your email from being filtered out. Never use the word "free" in a subject line. For a list of words to avoid, visit this site: http://spamassassin.org/tests.html
5. Use A Casual Tone - Nothing turns off a reader faster than stiff, formal language. You're not writing a college essay. Write your email as if your were writing to a friend.
6. Use Short Sentences - They're easier to read and sound more conversational than long sentences. Keep your sentences crisp and snappy. And use short words rather than long.
7. Use Bullets To Highlight Benefits - People tend to scan email rather than read every word. Bullet points makes it easy for a reader to quickly catch key information on your product or service.
8. Use Testimonials - Nothing builds confidence in your product quicker than comments from satisfied customers. Collect testimonials whenever you can. Include the customer's first and last name. Comments that use initials, like "J. Smith," are not credible.
9. Hyperlinks Should Be Specific When you insert a link into your email, make sure it takes the prospect to the specific info you referred to in your letter. Don't just link to your homepage and expect the prospect to search for your offer. Your response will drop significantly.
10. Offer An Incentive To Get The Prospect To Take Action Now - It's not enough to publicize your product, you want the prospect to take action. At the end of your email, tell the prospect what they should do next. Sign up for your newsletter? Visit your website? Download an ebook?
You'll get a better response if you offer an incentive for them to take action. Offer a limited time discount. Give them lots of bonuses. Enter them into a contest. They're tons of incentives you can come up with.
About The Author
Dave Coyne is a copywriter, marketing consultant and president of DC Infobiz - http://www.dc-infobiz.com. Get his FREE REPORT "Start A High Income, Low Risk Home Business And Never Create A Product, Write An Ad or Talk To Anyone." Send an email with REF006 in the subject line to: dcinfobiz@GetResponse.com
Add to these social bookmarking sites:
Notice: Undefined index: TITLE in /var/www/vhosts/harmonyhollow.net/httpdocs/webmaster-resources/email-marketing/inc/rss.inc on line 103
How To Build Your Greatest Opt-In List
I get e-mails all the time from people on my list asking about how to build their lists. This is the most important part of your business.
Using A Simple Idea to Target Your Audience
A wonderfully easy and free concept that many people seem to overlook during their online marketing career is the survey. If you are looking for programs to promote or ideas for articles, you really need not look much further than your own opt in list.
The 8 Biggest Newsletter Marketing Mistakes
Newsletter publishing has always made a lot of sense. It makes sense for firms to target their advertising dollars to clients and prospects that have expressed interest in their products and services.
Market Your Business through Newsletters
Most business people on the web subscribe to at least one newsletter, if not more, that focus on different aspects and markets they are interested in. Because of this, it is important for your company to also have a newsletter that provides viable, relevant, and current information and that also markets your product or service.
The Magic Of Email
These days email is taken for granted and used perhaps without fully appreciating its power.For example, recently I had some concerns about whether or not my newsletter was being properly delivered through the automated service that I use.
Autoresponders - One Simple Trick That Will Improve Your Results
Autoresponders, or responders, are simply programs that allow you to send out pre-written emails which have been pre-loaded into the responder. Prospective customers or recruits either input their email addresses into a signup form on a website or send a blank email to a trigger address.
Five of the Most Powerful Elements In Opt-in Marketing
Lack of trust is the biggest problem marketers have on the internet, or better yet, the biggest opportunity.The power in this lies in the fact that affiliate programs have given us easy access to a huge variety of products and services that we can present to potential buyers, opening up an endless number of possibilities.
Are Your Emails Being Heard
Yes, the headline is spelled right. What if you had a way to make your clients remember you and your e-mail.
The Lowdown: How To Create And Send HTML Email
I am frequently asked how to create and send HTML email, usually with regard to how to broadcast it to a mailing list. This article presents the various options available to you.
7 Autoresponder Marketing Strategies To Automate, Build and Grow Your Business
Did you know one of the most important tools in your Internet marketing arsenal? Sometimes it does sound trivial but it is one of the most powerful marketing strategies available on the Internet. Why is that? It's simply because it does everything in the background but this is how it becomes extremely profitable.
The Goose That Lays Golden Eggs
Ever wondered what it would be like to have a goose that lays golden eggs? Well, if you thought such stuff happens only in fairy tales, think again!Now before you get carried away in your own curious thoughts, let me tell you that the magical goose I'm talking about is your list of subscribers or your contact list..
How to Structure Your Follow-Up Sequence for Maximum Profit
Before I do this, let me describe how autoresponders work. Think of autoresponders as the equivalent of fax-on-demand, but for email instead of fax.
4 Time-Saving E-Mail Tips!
E-Mail is still the most widely used Internet tool available today. Virtually everyone who has Internet access has an email account, and for the Internet Marketer this opens up a huge possibility for more business.
Introduction to Autoresponders
If you've reached the point of exhaustion trying to keep up with answering the mountain of emails that threatens to bury you alive every single day, you're ready to learn about autoresponders.The bad news is that people expect prompt replies to their email inquiries.
What Is Wrong With Email Marketing?
If you are active on the web promoting your products, affiliate programs or services, you probably sense where I'm going with the title of my article. We all put a lot of effort into our internet business.
How to Build Your Mailing List
1. USE POP-UPS Pop-ups are one of the most common methods you can use to capture email addresses and build your email list quickly and with ease.
Having an Opt In List As an Affiliate Marketer Is Crucial
What is an Opt-in List and what is its significance in Affiliate Marketing? This may be the question playing in your mind, especially for Affiliate Marketing neophytes; and it is a question worth asking.Opt-in list building and lead capture is one of smartest and most effective strategies that affiliate marketers can use.
A Lesson In Email: The Money Is In The List... With The Back-End Sales
Firstly, back-end sales is eMail Marketing at its best, so for this to work you need to already have a list of customers that have bought from you before.The reason for this is because Back-end sales, are the ultimate way to realize the true 'life-time value' of your customers/list.
5 Things You NEED to Know About Your AOL 9.0 Subscribers
In Fall 2003, America Online (AOL) released its brand new AOL Version 9. (Have you noticed all the TV ads?) AOL estimates that up to 50% of their users were using the new version by the end of December 2003.
5 Ways to Get Better Email Marketing Data Quality at Point of Collection
Adestra provide email marketing services to a host of UK marketers operating within travel, event organising, publishing, charity, entertainment and other industries.We've spent time analysing client campaigns, and have created a handy checklist for getting better quality email contact records by using optimised data capture vehicles1.
|Home | Site Map|