Top 10 Marketing Tips for Newbie To Start
Looking for some tips on being a newbie in the world of marketing? Here are a few to think about (and do!).
1) Know your audience - While marketing your website or webpage,you should consider your audience. Who are they? What do theyexpect from the website? Are you offering that? Will visitorsto your website find what they are looking for?
2) Know your budget - Whatever your website is, marketing it canbecome expensive! Depending on how you market it and how much,you could rack up the bucks in marketing. So, before you beginmarketing it, you need to have a budget, a goal in mind of how much you want to spend on marketing alone.
3) Choose the right marketing medium - Choose the medium you will use to advertise wisely. Now, if your target audience is young women, you definitely want to advertise on such sites as ivillageand woman.com. But, is it worth putting your money out there for such sites less used by women, say a sports page? It may attract a few interested individuals but will it be enough to pay back what you put in? Perhaps not.
4) Use email marketing carefully - If you choose to market your website through email, it is extremely important that you do not violate any email laws especially those concerning spam. The fines you will have to pay for doing so will far out weigh any possible income you have generated from your website. To find the latest rules and guidelines, check out the host of places willing to tell you on the net!
5) Free adversiting - Consider free websites that allow you to advertise on them. Be careful though, as spamming these sites isjust as bad as email spam. Its the quickest way to get yourselfbooted out of the message board or lock your access to websites because of it. Always get the owners okay or find the rules onthe sites to ensure you are not making a mistake.
6) Participating in forum - Consider message boards as a form of marketing for your website. Many websites offer message board areas to their members. If the members are people you believe will be interested in your website, see if there is a place to advertise your site. Also, participate in the message boards sopeople can trust you!
7) Use signature line - Another inexpensive way to market a website is to use signature lines. What is that? Well, simply put, its the line on an email or in a message of any kind with your name. Under your name, maybe place a link to your website with some juicy, tantalizing tidbit to peak the readers interest. Such things as "Hey, I've got my own business? Jealous?" will lead people to the site and bingo, free visitor!
8) Using business card - Yet another option is using businesscards. Don't panic you don't need a sophisticated, professionally made business card to attrack visitors to your website, again, a simple phrase like the one above can lead tomany interested people. Maybe they won't all sign up, but many will see it and that leads us to the next tidbit.
9) Word of mouth - What is more effective and cheaper then word of mouth advertising? If a friend knows what you are doing (and hopefully they all will!) and they tell a friend and then that person tells a friend... Well, you get the idea. Pretty soon you will have visitors from all over talking about your website and promoting it without any realization that they are!
10) Know the product you sell - Now, this last tip may seem obvious, but it has to be said.With so many people getting into the world of Internet marketing,they need to realize the obvious. When you are marketing awebsite, a product, or even yourself, know what you are talking about. Understand what it is you are selling. Know the answers to their questions long before they ask. You have to look smartand be able to provide the reader or the customer with what theyneed. The customer is always right, but make sure you know whatyou are talking about! Know how to use and utilize the tools youare given as well.
(c) ToonChooi Tan
Webmaster of Hot Niche Keywords which you'll receive 75-100's of Niches Keyword Lists Every single Month. Visit Free Niche Marketing Tips now to for various niche marketing tips. You may subscribe to his 6 part Niche Marketing Course which will reveal the insider tips and tactics that will show you how to find Hot and Untapped Niche Markets with Ease.
Add to these social bookmarking sites:
The School of Internet Marketing Releases Facebook for Non-Techies: How to ... - PR Web (press release)
New Website Aimed at Helping Businesses Gain More Customers with Internet ... - PR Web (press release)
Marcademy Announces 2013-2014 Board of Directors for Internet Marketing ... - PR.com (press release)
New York Internet Marketing Agency Ajax Union Spotlights OnPage Factor FAQ ... - DigitalJournal.com (press release)
Notice: Undefined index: TITLE in /var/www/vhosts/harmonyhollow.net/httpdocs/webmaster-resources/internet-marketing/inc/rss.inc on line 103
Getting Targeted Traffic by Standing Out In The Crowd
Have you ever seen the trading floor in action on Wall Street? After the opening bell, things get chaotic. People who don't know what's going on might think of it as a riot situation.
Sales Training: How To Succeed Online By Networking Your Business
The backbone of business success is communication.And networking is one of the most powerful sales training strategies that can open up an avalanche of leads for you.
Targeting Online Customers
Although generating online traffic is an important goal of any website, attention should always be directed to the very first and most important issue in website marketing: targeting online customers. It's important to remember that the definition of your online customers always comes from your customers' basic needs and preferences.
Is The Internet the Ideal Marketing Medium?
The internet has grown explosively in the ten or so years that it has been in widespread use,and internet marketing has grown along with it. Many factors contribute to making the internet the ideal business medium.
Three Easy Lessons to Take Your Online Marketing to the Next Level
I just spent the last week in two very different, but parallel universes. After helping researchers in a federal government agency work on getting their science understood and used in the marketplace, I tapped the wisdom of a conference full of online marketing gurus.
Do Your Words Need Protection?
Recently, attending a local event, I found myself chatting with a young woman I'll call Pearl. When she learned I was a writer she asked, "I wrote some poems when I was younger and I would like to copyright them.
Holiday / Vacation Time But What About Your Online Business?
For many of us, it is time to start thinking about packing our suitcases and jetting off on our summer holidays/vacation. When I had a 'normal' job, this was a time to get out of the office and completely forget about work for a couple of weeks.
An Approach to Advertising on the Internet
Budweiser has the frogs. McDonalds has Ronald.
5 Surefire Ways to Increase Sales
The Internet has changed how people do their business. Even small business owners are able to reach global market inexpensively nowadays, selling anything from apparel, collectibles, to computer software, service and coaching.
A World Outside The US
With the exception of myself and a small handful of very remote and isolated journalists, no-one today bothers writing about the growth of the web. It's old news, and we already get it.
Surfing, Searching, & Networking 101
Everyone knows the internet can be very useful for finding information or learning something new. In all honesty, the internet should be your #1 resource for finding any remote information.
10 Unique, Free Product Bonuses
Are you looking for something unique or unusual that you can use as a free product bonus? Here are 10 that not only fit your needs, but are useful as well.1.
How To Be An Internet Marketing Champion
How bad do you want to make money on the internet? You know thousands of people are doing it and maybe you've had a little success. But do you really want your own business operating 24 hours a day making money for you?If you don't then why are you reading this? You must know that you can do this or you would be off investing your time in watching TV or building an ant farm right now.
Networked Markets Are Democratic, Structured Markets Are Republican
Today I was checking out Michelle's A Small Victory. There are threads on self-publishing that mutated into a dispute about trolls, who was a troll, and whether linking to Little Green Footballs was as "un-nuanced" as linking to "Democratic Underground.
Marketing - All About Focus
Marketing would appear to be the great buzz word of the decade. Every self-respecting business team talks about it, yet many of us aren't even sure what it is, and even more are uncertain of how they should be doing it.
Educate Yourself to Succeed in Internet Marketing
More and more people are considering the World Wide Web as a great opportunity to offer their products and services to a new, bigger market or even as a chance to create entirely new businesses online.Even if the perspective to reach millions of potential customers is surely exciting, the truth is that internet marketing is more difficult than it may seems and if you don't have a sufficient experience you will usually waste a lot of time and resources doing things that don't produce the results you expect.
It is just crazy. Every time I open my mouth to talk about Internet marketing, it is like I am speaking a foreign language to my audience.
3 Simple Steps for Revealing Marketing Secrets of the Experts
Learn the easy method I use to reveal marketing secrets. Details of my findings using this method are also disclosed.
When Internet Marketing Gurus Sell Their Souls
If you're just getting started in Internet Marketing, you may be awed by the amount of "Internet Gurus" out there, each one making millions of dollars (or so they claim) and for some reason seem more than willing, for a fee, to teach you their biggest, most intimate secrets. Well, I believe in one thing - "If it sounds too good to be true, it most probably is!" While I have no doubt about the specialized skills and techniques used by these gurus, it can get a little too frustrating simply getting tangled and lost in all their hype, and find almost no value at the end of the day.
The Undeniable Value Of Differentiation
With all the people offering products and services online, what sets yours apart from the crowd?You can't argue this, to succeed you need to differentiate yourself.Online businesses come and go every day and about 90% fail.
|Home | Site Map|