10 Sure-Fire Viral Marketing Strategies To Increase Traffic To Your Website
"Viral Marketing" is giving something away for free and allowing people to pass it on to others. The main purpose of viral marketing is to spread your message to as many people as possible without having to spend any money for advertising.
In order to start an effective viral marketing campaign, you need to provide people with a reason for passing your information around. For example, jokes are often passed around just because they are funny. However, how often have you forwarded an ad for an eBook on to other people? Unless you were an affiliate of that eBook, you probably never sent it on to a single person.
So, when you think about using viral marketing online to obtain free traffic for your website, be creative! Think about the various reasons that a person would have for passing your message around. Freebies are a good way of using viral marketing online. Provide something to your visitors, customers, and mailing list and allow people to giveaway and use your free product or service in order to multiply your marketing quickly over the internet. The idea behind viral marketing is that you include your ad with the freebie people giveaway or use.
Below are ten high impact viral marketing strategies:
1. Write articles that pertain to your product or service. Allow people to reprint your articles on their website, in their e-zine, newsletter, magazine or ebooks. Include your resource box and the option for article reprints at the bottom of each article. If you have an affiliate program, let them include an affiliate ID in the resource box!
2. You can easily find products on the internet that will sell you a license allowing you to distribute the product free of charge to other people. Look for those products that provide "branding rights". That is where you can include your own name, website, and contact information. Then, simply allow people to use any of these "freebies" as free bonuses for products or services they sell. Include your ad on all your freebies.
3. If you have the ability to set up a forum or other bulletin board, you really have a great tool. Allow people to use your online discussion board for their own website. Some people don't have one. Just include your banner ad at the top of the board. (Don't have a way to set up a forum or bulletin board? Some hosting services allow you to set one up for free just by using a "snap in" script. For example, you can check out our host that includes tons of these services at no extra cost!)
4. If you are using a dedicated server (instead of simply using a one site hosting account), you can allow people to sign up for a free web site on your server. Since you are giving away the space, require them to include your banner ad at the top of the site. (Note: Even if you are using a single hosting account, you may still be able to take advantage of this idea if you can set up unlimited subdomains with their own domain names. Many hosting companies will let you do this for a small, one time charge.)
5. Set up a reciprocal links directory on your site. There are tons of reliable software programs that are fairly inexpensive that make doing this a breeze! You simply allow people to add their link to your free web site directory. Just require that they return a link back to your web site, advertising your directory. Make sure you provide people with a link from your main pages to get to your directory and add their reciprocal link.
6. Allow people to provide your free online service to their web site, visitors, or e-zine subscribers. This could be free e-mail, e-mail consulting, search engine submissions, etc. Your imagination is the limit! Think about this for a little while. What do you have that you can give away free? How about a short report on your niche market? Use the tools that you have available (such as an autoresponder) to make this even easier for you to manage.
7. Allow people to give away your free software. Just include your business advertisement inside the software program. There are many tools available that allow you to "brand" the software with your contact information and message. Simply pay for these rights and the software is yours free! Or, you can even find some programs that allow you to create your own software. Use the search engines for some ideas.
8. Do you have a knack for web design? Create some templates, graphics, etc. and upload them to your site. Then, allow people to give away your free web design graphics, fonts, templates, etc. Just include your ad on them or require people to link directly to your web site. Make sure that you include a link back to your site in the copyright notice as well and require them to keep your copyright notice in tact.
9. Write an ebook. Allow people to place an advertisement in your free ebook if, in exchange, they give away the ebook to their web visitors or e-zine subscribers.
10. Purchase the branding rights to a viral eBook. Allow people to give away your free ebook to their visitors. Then, their visitors will also give it away. This will just continue to spread your ad all over the internet.
(c) Copyright 2004 by ViralMarketingOnline.com and The Abundance Group, LLC.
Article URL of HTML: http://www.ViralMarketingOnline.com/articles/10_Viral_Marketing_Strategies.html
This article may be reprinted for use in newsletters, websites, article archives and newspapers provided that the information box is kept intact. Email notice of intent to publish is appreciated but not required: Articles@ViralMarketingOnline.com
PLUS, once you confirm we will give you a free viral ebook as our gift for your consideration.
Affiliates of ViralMarketingOnline: feel free to change the link in the resource box to your affiliate link. If you need an affiliate link, go to: http://www.ViralMarketingOnline.com/freeltr.html
Download the free viral eBook, and scroll to Chapter 8 to obtain the information on our affiliate program.
About The Author
Gina Gaudio-Graves, Esq. is an attorney and an Internet Marketing Consultant specializing in internet advertising. Gina founded The Abundance Group, LLC in 1996 which provides assistance to people looking to make an income online. Gina has written a series of viral eBooks which are available through ViralMarketingOnline. Visit: http://www.ViralMarketingOnline.com for a free viral eBook as Gina's gift and sign-up for our newsletter.
Add to these social bookmarking sites:
Internet Marketing Firm Cyberset Guides Businesses through Social Media ... - PR Newswire (press release)
ConsumerTrack Inc. Elevates to an Internet Marketing Platform in its 9th Year ... - PR Web (press release)
Healthcare Internet Marketing Consulting Services Launched by JD Media Surge - PR Web (press release)
The School of Internet Marketing Launches Weekly Podcast Series on Spreaker ... - PR Web (press release)
Internet Marketing Agency Ajax Union Announces Reputation Management ... - San Francisco Chronicle (press release)
Internet Marketing Firm Holds Ugly Website Contest: "If Your Website Reeks ... - PR Web (press release)
The School of Internet Marketing Selects SmarterChaos to Manage and Grow Its ... - PR Web (press release)
The School of Internet Marketing Launched to Offer Small Business Owners ... - PR Web (press release)
Notice: Undefined index: TITLE in /var/www/vhosts/harmonyhollow.net/httpdocs/webmaster-resources/internet-marketing/inc/rss.inc on line 103
Visibility Equates to Higher Profits
One of the greatest challenges businesses face is how to market cost effectively while gaining a good return on investment (ROI). Regardless of what industry you are in, the size of your organization and how long you have been in business, you must continually look for ways to gain and maintain your visibility to your market.
The Voice of Viral Marketing
Generating buzz through word of mouth will help drive greater sales and from your most important customers.Viral marketing strategies can effectively generate traffic to your website by creating buzz-building campaigns that excite and energize your customer base.
Scared Of Creating Your Own Info Product?
Don't be scare off when you hear about product creation or the term 'product'. Basically a product can be almost anything you put together that pass on quality information, and contrary to what you may think, it can be created very easily once you know how.
Why the Internet is an Entrepreneurs Dream
Not long ago, a vacation that entailed travelling across much of the U.S.
Discover Which Sales Triggers Are Most Effective When Mixed With SEO!
We all know the importance of gaining top visibility to a specific target audience on the major search engines. After all, you really need qualified traffic or those who are actually searching for goods and services that you are offering.
Become a Star: 10 Do-It-Yourself Publicity Techniques to Build Buzz for Your Online Business
Public relations is popular because it is very cost-effective and it works. If you send out one press release, for example, and it gets into print, it could generate more interest in your product or service.
Networked Markets Are Democratic, Structured Markets Are Republican
Today I was checking out Michelle's A Small Victory. There are threads on self-publishing that mutated into a dispute about trolls, who was a troll, and whether linking to Little Green Footballs was as "un-nuanced" as linking to "Democratic Underground.
Time is Money in Online Marketing
We all do it.Spend time and money sourcing those vital pieces of kit to get the best from our endeavors.
Article Submitting: How To Study A Publisher's Website
There are many websites that will host your articles on the Internet. Some small, some large, some with guidelines, some without, some support streams of topics, some have a limited focus, some charge a fee and some are free.
Quick Guide to Internet Marketing: 9 Tips for Success on the Net
To market successfully you must incorporate the Internet into your business plan, but be sure to follow these 9 tips for success on the net:1 Get Sticky Your site is sticky if it keeps visitors looking and returning to your site. A good way to do this is to have up to date relevant information or "heroin content.
Headlines Bring Sales--Where and How to Use Them - Part 1
Headlines are short vital statements to stimulate your potential customers and clients to take action. That means sales! Since you only have 10 seconds to attract your visitor or reader, create headlines to make ultimate sales.
Beginner's Guide To Free For All Sites (FFAs)
For those of you who don't know what an FFA site is, it's basically a website where you can post a link/add to your website for free. Generally it is also posted to many other sites at the same time and hopefully somebody sees your link.
Learning the Value of an e-Business Website
Starting a business is a huge, but rewarding, task to undertake. An internet-based business is no exception and the same dedication and hard work is required to make it take off and be successful.
Online Promotion Ideas: How To Use 10 Free Bonuses To Increase Your Sales & Profits
Free bonuses are like honey that can get your website visitors hooked to you and make them to keep buying from you.So, below are some online promotion ideas to help you implement this.
Traditional Mediums versus Search Engine Positioning
Banner Advertising:Paying $15 for a 1000 impressions on a high traffic website. Sounds like good exposure for a low price? It is! After all you will have a 1000 unique people view your banner.
Dramatically Boost Your Exposure With A Press Release
Do you have a website but seem puzzled to how you can drive in traffic? Or are you a brick and mortar business owner looking to bring in new customers? Either way, a press release may be just the answer you need to solve this dilemma.Here are a few things to keep in mind when writing a press release.
The Power of Reverse Advertising
How many times have you heard that posting on FFA sites are a complete waste of time?Are FFA sites really a complete waste of time? ..
Seven Strategies To Make Money On The Net Regularly
You can attract 1,000's of prospects to you. You only need to be equipped with your own web site and an unlimited product or service to sell.
Profiting From Your Online Business
Creating a lucrative online business is not an easy task. Ask any successful web entrepreneur, and chances are you will receive the same response.
7 Incredibly Simple Ways To Profit Wildly From Public Domain Material
If you're in the business of marketing online, a major portion of your income will come from your ability to deliver quality content and products to your market.Now, besides creating these yourself, one of the quickest and cheapest way to acquire all the content and products you need is in the public domain.
|Home | Site Map|