Dos and Donts for the Internet Marketing Newbie (Part 2)
You are now reading Part 2 of my article the "Do's and Don'ts for the Internet Marketing Newbie". Part 1 covered the Do's and this part will cover the Don'ts.
· Don't throw your money away! Unless you have lots to throw away and can afford to buy whatever gets thrown at you. Budget yourself and keep within your budget. Only spend when you need to. You will come across plenty of sites that want you to spend your hard earned money for an internet marketing course, E-book, or piece of software guaranteed to make you money. Don't fall into the trap. First investigate, ask questions from other marketers to see if they are familiar with the product and recommend it. That's where the forums come in handy and are beneficial.
· Don't believe all of the hype you will encounter. Example. BUY THIS SOFTWARE NOW! YOU ONLY HAVE TILL MIDNIGHT TONIGHT OR THE PRICE IS GOING TO DOUBLE OR EVEN TRIPLE. YOU'LL SAVE $200.00 IF YOU BUY RIGHT NOW! Don't believe it, the price will be the same tomorrow and the next. Or here's another good one. I'm only selling this to the first 50 people who visit my website. Yeah, right. I really believe that one.
· Don't forget you are a potential customer to every marketer out there, so they will try to sell you their service or product to make money. Remember you are now a marketer and your purpose is to sell your service or product to others, not for you to buy theirs.
· Don't get me wrong, some services or products are worth buying. You just have to figure out which are the right ones for you and your business. Remember you're not trying to line someone else's pockets. You're trying to line your own.
· Don't get frustrated and give up because things don't happen right away. You have to have the mindset that you can do it and succeed. Granted you will have good days and bad days. Every accomplishment is a victory. Every defeat is a learning experience. No business is an overnight success.
· Don't limit yourself and your thinking. Be willing to try different things and when you find the one thing that seems to work, build on it, but keep trying other things as well.
· You've had your business up and running for a couple of months and you've only made one sale. Don't quit because you think it's not working. Think in these terms instead. If you've made one sale, then you can make 2 sales, and if you can make 2 sales, you can make 3 sales and so on. Many of the top marketers on the internet today took years to find the formula that led to their success.
· Don't believe that there is such a thing as an "auto-pilot" business. Like Ron Popeil's rotisserie oven, SET IT AND GO. Just doesn't work that way. I don't care what you have heard or have read. You have to promote your business. You have to get your name out there and become visible so people can find you and what you're offering. Just because you now have a website does not mean the masses will come in droves. There are millions upon millions of websites and probably at least a quarter of a million of them are selling the same service or product as you. The question is how are you going to get people to visit your website instead of someone else's? Once they are there, what's going to get them to buy from you or join your affiliation? So understand you are going to have to learn how to promote and sell your business and that involves work and time.
· Don't upgrade your affiliation accounts until you can afford to do so. Many affiliate programs will try to pressure you into upgrading to a "Pro" account. Wait until you start making some money from your business first, then upgrade.
· Don't rely solely on emailing to promote your business. Due to major Spam filters your message may not get through. Find all of the different ways to advertise on the internet like writing articles, exchanging links, click/surf exchanges, and Pay Per Click search engines. Use offline ways to advertise your business like newspaper ads, mailings, telemarketing, faxes and flyers. Put your website on a t-shirt and wear it!
· Don't give up, persistence will pay off eventually.
Okay, I'll stop there. I probably could go on and on and even write an E-book about this subject (that's a thought). I think you get the idea about how to avoid the "Information Overload" headache and hopefully I have given you some substance for thought. The most important point is take one step at a time. Don't rush it! And remember once a "newbie" always a "newbie" because you will be learning all of the time!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Debra Hamer is the owner of the http://www.profitfromhomebiz.com website where you can find the tips, tools, and resources to start your own work at home internet business. Become a subscriber to her free Home Business Tips Newsletter. She also offers free software to create your own PlugInProfitSite and the Mega PlugInProfitSite website and a free E-book titled "30 Days to Success" written by Stone Evans that will give you a day by day guide on how to promote your internet business. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Add to these social bookmarking sites:
Internet Marketing Agency Ajax Union Announces Release of Its Event ... - San Francisco Chronicle (press release)
Numero Uno Web Solutions,a Leading Toronto Internet Marketing Company ... - Daily Markets (press release)
Colorado SEO Training Company Expands Internet Marketing Team - Goal Is ... - Daily Markets (press release)
New Local SEO Services Packages Launched By TVS Internet Marketing ... - Daily Markets (press release)
Notice: Undefined index: TITLE in /var/www/vhosts/harmonyhollow.net/httpdocs/webmaster-resources/internet-marketing/inc/rss.inc on line 103
Scared Of Creating Your Own Info Product?
Don't be scare off when you hear about product creation or the term 'product'. Basically a product can be almost anything you put together that pass on quality information, and contrary to what you may think, it can be created very easily once you know how.
Google AdWords and AdSense - A Dynamic Small Business Marketing Duo
Unless you have been living under a rock for the last year or so, you probably know that Google has become the king of the search engine hill. There are many reasons for this but number one in my opinion is that above all else they put value on content.
All Along the Digital Watchtower
It's no secret interactive (web-based) marketing has arrived. The IDC research group just released a study in late June of this year indicating 99.
Planning Your Way to Success
Whether you are a small company or a larger corporation one of the primary keys to success lies in preparing and following a good marketing plan. Why? Because you can have the most awesome product or service to offer, but without a plan in place, you may flounder for direction and waste a lot of time and energy as a result.
Top 3 Online Business Success Needs
1) Web SiteThis is for sure the most important part of your online business, this is how you create your presence on the Internet. Being in business online and not having a web site means you have no place where your customers can find you.
Year In Review: Top Ten Internet Businesses 2004
The internet boom hit a high mark in 2004. With old standbys and new emergences, the top ten internet businesses 2004 show a variety of companies all with one thing in common: they have adapted well to the World Wide Web.
How to Tap the Profits Hidden in Your Internet Business!
I'd like to show you five secret strategies to extract profits hidden in your Internet business. Pay particular attention because any of these can boost bottom line revenue fast.
Raising Your Rates Can *Increase* Your Business
How many times have I heard literal horror stories from Internet business startups? Too many times to count! I get emails from those who just simply can't seem to make a living online. They've tried everything (according to them) and are still struggling to make ends meet.
Creative Offline Website Marketing Techniques
Although the vast majority of website traffic is the direct result of search engines, there are many offline marketing techniques that can be used to draw customers to your website. The examples listed below are but a few ways in which you can market your online presence to an offline audience in an inexpensive manner.
Internet Marketing: The Secret Magic Of Converting Your Website Visitors To Buyers
It is not enough to set up a website to promote your product.It is not enough to attract visitors to your website.
Dollars In The Details!
When it comes to your marketing message, the little things count. Trouble is, you'll never come to respect how much, until you make a commitment to science.
Free Web Advertising: Chat Room Marketing Secrets Of Internet Marketing Gurus Exposed
Have you ever been to a chat room?Have you ever posted a message?If yes, now you may learn some free web advertising secrets on how to market your products and services in chat rooms.Chat Room Marketing is the use of online chat rooms to promote your product or service.
Marketing - All About Focus
Marketing would appear to be the great buzz word of the decade. Every self-respecting business team talks about it, yet many of us aren't even sure what it is, and even more are uncertain of how they should be doing it.
The e-Marketing Plan - Brief Overview and Working Scheme
I. Summary of a marketing planThe marketing planning (concretized in the marketing plan) is an essential organizational activity, considering the hostile and complex competitive business environment.
Marketing Maxims for Todays Challenging Times
These are turbulent times for all businesses - necessitating streamlined marketing processes that are finely honed to mesh with today's sputtering global economy.1.
Constant Change Is The Only Certainty In Online Marketing
This old saying which addresses the variability of the weather in Montana is also applicable to the volatile market dynamics for an online business. If there is one thing that is certain about the future of online marketing, it is that it will continue to constantly change.
Sales Training: How To Succeed Online By Networking Your Business
The backbone of business success is communication.And networking is one of the most powerful sales training strategies that can open up an avalanche of leads for you.
Top 10 Marketing Tips for Newbie To Start
Looking for some tips on being a newbie in the world of marketing? Here are a few to think about (and do!).1) Know your audience - While marketing your website or webpage,you should consider your audience.
Use Photos as Part of your Marketing Arsenal
Photos should be important parts of your marketing. The photos are useful- to document your offers- to achieve positive acceptance of what you are displaying- to function as eye catchers- to bring the buyers in a general positive mood- to create identification with the use of your product.
Autoresponders = Automatic Internet Marketing Success
What if you could send out all the information that your potential customers have requested without checking your email or answering a phone? While this may seem impossible, it is becoming more and more popular among the most successful Internet marketing gurus. This is all due to what is called an autoresponder.
|Home | Site Map|