Killer Internet Marketing Errors - How to Avoid Them
With 95% of all Internet businesses failing, it is important to find out what actually works and what doesn't. Most online business failures can be attributed to one or more of the following marketing errors:
1. Free Domain Hosting. Failure to obtain and use your own domain name gives your site visitors a poor impression of you and your online business. With domain registrations under $10/yr., there is no good reason not to have your own domain name.
2. Poorly Constructed Web Sites. Your web site is an extension of you and your online business. It should be attractive, professional and easy to navigate. Using a lot of white space between paragraphs makes it easier for your visitors to read your message. Include links at the top and bottom of every page so that your visitors don't get lost. It is a good idea to have a friend or business associate review your site and provide feedback.
3. Lack of Good Web Site Content. Offer your visitors free, valuable information and not just a sales pitch. By offering free, valuable information you will establish credibility and make your site visitors feel you genuinely care.
4. Unsecured Credit Card Processing. Be sure that the page on which you ask site visitors to input confidential credit card information is secure. Secure order pages will have "https" in the address bar. With identity theft on the rise, your customers may be reluctant or even refuse to leave credit card information on an unsecured order page.
5. No credit card processing. Eighty-five percent of all online purchases are made with credit cards. Shoppers like being able to "whip out" the plastic, complete their order and leave your site knowing the product is on its way. There are a number of companies who offer credit card processing for a very small setup fee and no monthly charges. You can expect to pay a little more per transaction to these companies but you only pay when you make a sale. This is in contrast to the traditional merchant accounts that typically require completion of a lengthy contract, credit checks and monthly fees.
6. No Privacy/Policy Statement. Having a "privacy/policy" page on your site is pretty much expected these days. Visitors to your site look to see what they can be expect from you in the event there are problems. What is your return policy? At what phone number can you be reached? What happens to the visitor information input on your site? Is that information sold to others or kept confidential within your company? These are just a few of the questions that might be addressed.
7. Failure to build an "opt-in" email file. Failing to collect the names and email addresses of your site visitors is like throwing money away! Your "opt-in" list will be the means by which you stay in touch with your potential customers. Most visitors will not buy on their first visit to your site so you must keep your name and web address in front of them on a regular basis and keep them coming back to your site until they purchase your product/service.
For Secrets Successful Internet Marketers Don't Want You to Know visit http://www.greenfriday.com?source=eza.
Bernie Alexander is an author/internet-marketing specialist who has spent years testing various marketing strategies and products.
Warning! This product will shock you. Visit http://www.snoop4me.com?source=eza
Add to these social bookmarking sites:
The School of Internet Marketing Releases Facebook for Non-Techies: How to ... - PR Web (press release)
New York Internet Marketing Agency Ajax Union Spotlights OnPage Factor FAQ ... - DigitalJournal.com (press release)
Los Angeles Internet Marketing Company, Avital Web, Provides Online ... - PR Newswire (press release)
Numero Uno Web Solutions, a Leading Toronto Internet Marketing Company ... - Watch List News (press release)
Notice: Undefined index: TITLE in /var/www/vhosts/harmonyhollow.net/httpdocs/webmaster-resources/internet-marketing/inc/rss.inc on line 103
Using Autoresponders In Your Online Business
Autoresponders return previously stored messages or sets of messages in response to any email sent to that autoresponder address. Almost all paid web hosts and many of the free ones provide autoresponders as part of their hosting service.
The Wisdom Of Giving Away Something For Nothing
If you're new to Internet Business, this might be hard to absorb. "Me? Giving away for free? I'm in business, not charity!" I heard you.
Boost Your Business in 3 Simple Steps
For all those who still think internet marketing is rocket science, it isn't.Back in the middle of October in 2004 I decided to do these 3 things.
How Can You Can Go From Zero To Hero Overnight? Viral Marketing!
Everyone has heard about viral marketing but what is it and how long will it survive?Viral Marketing is the creation of a message that is self-perpetuating and hence distributed exponentially after its release. The Internet is full of many classic examples, the most famous one being that of the free email company - Hotmail.
Long Copy Secrets - Keys To Mental Engagement
Master copywriter Robert Collier often used a technique to get people to read more of his sales letters. You can use this same technique right now to increase the readership of your web pages and emails.
You are Being Lied About Reciprocal Links!
Exchanging links has been an important part of generating traffic since the concept of Internet marketing was first established, but at least 90% of people looking to trade links don't understand the real benefits and, therefore, fail to make the most of them.The vast majority of web site owners think that exchanging links is only helpful because it can boost their rankings in search engines such as Google.
Are You Utilizing a 5-Point Prospecting System?
If not, you may be losing out on some very valuable business. First, let me explain What the term '5-Point Prospecting' means.
Niche Marketing - The Way to Succeed Online
If you think that all money to be made online has already been made then you have not heard of niche marketing. As internet marketing evolves the one thing you must do to attain success is focus on a specific niche and work it thoroughly.
The Power Of Cross Promoting
Cross promotion is, without doubt, a powerful technique used by many people to increase the exposure of their products or services when they start their Online Business.When you start your Online Business, decide what type of promotional exchange methods you would be interested in practicing and contact other fellow Online Business owners to discuss an exchange for mutual benefits.
Internet Consultants for Online Sales
Beware of Internet Consultants, as many of them have never been able to promote anything of their own, yet are in a haste to charge you for their experience and marketing savvy. Many have never made any money on this Internet, sold anything or consulted with any successful online sales companies.
The 2 Step Lead Generation Machine
Cold calling doesn't work, it's no fun and often you end up with leads, or worse yet, clients, that don't really value what you do.Having said that, leads are the lifeblood of growth, without a lead, there is no client.
What is RSS - For Marketers
RSS is a technology that has the potential of overcoming many of the internet marketing challenges we are facing today and becoming a preferred tool to get 100% of your content delivered to your subscribers, as well as a tool to help you achieve top position search engine rankings.The simple RSS explanation from the marketing point of view is that RSS is a simple to use publishing tool for marketers and publisher.
Using Back Links to Get Top Search Engine Ranking
There are no hidden secrets on how to rank high with the major search engines. All that is needed is a basic understanding of how search engines work and a bit of know how.
How To Increase Your Profits By 40% Or More With No Extra Work!
Before I expand on the above heading, I do have a slight confession to make - you will have to do 'some' work for this process to work but I promise it really isn't much and the long-term benefits can be absolutely incredible :-)The process that I want to discuss in this article is 'upselling'. Upselling may be a method of marketing that you already use in your own online business but if not, I am sure you are familiar with the process.
At Last, The Real Secret Of Internet Marketing
I am going to share a real secret with you this week. A secret that can be summarized in two words.
Internet Marketing: 10 Blazing Internet Marketing Secrets To Sky-Rocket Your Profits
Your turn to succeed has come.I am happy to offer you 10 blazing internet marketing ways to sky-rocket your profits at your website!1.
Internet Marketing - Short Term Strategy
After spending a lot of time and effort on building a site, many wonder where they should start with Internet marketing. Site owners can be bombarded with pitches about marketing and it is hard to sort out what should be done.
Four Steps To Eliminate Frustration and Turn Your Online Failure Into Internet Success
OK, you've been bustin' your butt trying to make money online, but it's just not working out.You're one step away from tearing down your website and quitting the game forever.
5 Keys To Making Money Online
Would you believe there are tens of thousands of people who have found ways to make money online? Not only that, but their incomes are significant and growing, due to little competition and low cost of entry. If I can do it, then there is no reason why you can't.
The 3 Secrets of High Traffic Sites
It seems to be in vogue these days to downplay the importance of web traffic. It's popular (and perfectly valid) to say things like: "Traffic is worthless if you don't turn it into money.
|Home | Site Map|