How To Turn Visitors Into Posters
So your having a hard time turning your visitors into posters And have no idea how to get your forum going? Well, if your someone with that problem and want things to change, look no further. In this article I will teach you different ways to encourage visitors to join your forum.
1) Help New Members feel Comfortable Things such as the terms of service or the rules should be easy to find and not hidden two or three pages away. Lead by example and have all the staff and moderators do the same. This way they already have know what the rules and don't have to worry about braking some rule.
Have an Introduction area in your forum for your new members and make sure you or someone else in the forums welcomes them, this always makes them feel more welcomed and not so much as an outsider.
2) Top People in the Field post at the forum - If you can get one or more well respected people in your topic area to post it will make it look more professional. When visitors see this they will think that the forum must be good or why would someone respected like that post there.
3) Having the right mix of posters - It's important to have both professionals and new members. The new members will ask the questions, while the professionals can answer them and discuss new and big things happening on your topic.
4) Contest - An other way to get visitors to become posters is by using contests. For example you could run a contest that would give the first ten new members to post 100 messages wins 30 dollars, game, software, etc. Bring out the worst in some members, so they can get the prize. It can make your forum look terrible. So make sure you make it clear that it must be quality post and don't do this often.
5) RSS feed - Allow other web sites to put your web site's forum most resent posts on their site though RSS feeds, it doesn't even have to be the most resent post, you can allow them to set it up how ever they like. This is a great way to get links and to build you targeted traffic. You'll find on those controversial subjects will generate many new members.
6) No one wants to be first - Let's face it, no one posts on a forum that is empty, they feel like they are talking to their self (We do that to much as it already is). Make sure you signup with different nicknames and post. Try to add about five everyday, you don't need 100s of nicknames to do this. Also don't post the same thing to much, make it look new and try to post on controversial subjects.
Matt Colyer is the owner of the Superior Webmaster. He also is a php, CGI and ASP developer.
Add to these social bookmarking sites:
Bluehost Vs. Hostgator Vs. Godaddy - Comparison of Top Shared Web Hosting ... - DigitalJournal.com (press release)
Godaddy Vs. Bluehost: Compare Bluehost And Godaddy to See Which is Better ... - DigitalJournal.com (press release)
Notice: Undefined index: TITLE in /var/www/vhosts/harmonyhollow.net/httpdocs/webmaster-resources/site-promotion/inc/rss.inc on line 103
How Can You Promote Your Online Business Offline?
Many people miss out on some very valuable promotion opportunities by confining themselves to marketing their business online. If you run a business that is confined to one country or area then offline marketing is a must.
How To Promote Your Online Store
OK. So you took the leap and started your online store.
Why You MUST Have A My Yahoo! Page
Yahoo! allows you to set up your own front page called 'My Yahoo!'. Even if you don't use Yahoo! as your search engine, you need a My Yahoo! page which you log onto every day.
Outsourcing Website Services - Can Your Business Benefit?
Would it surprise you to know that Compaq Computer? outsources? How about Underwriters Laboratories?? Gateway Computers?? Yes, even the Chicagoland Area Chamber of Commerce?! I have been involved with projects involving each one of these companies. They all outsourced specific portions of their projects.
12 Ways To Promote Your Website Offline
So you have your website and you've done everything right on the web - search engines, classified sites, newsgroups, bulletin boards, link sites, mailing lists, etc etc etc.And now you think you've exhausted the possibilities of marketing your website and you can sit back and wait for the visitors to roll in, right? WRONG!Here are 12 extra ways to promote your website without even turning your browser on:NUMBER ONE: Make sure that all of your staff know your website address.
The 4 Keys to Great Website Promotion - Helping Others with Friendly & Useful Services
With all the "How To" articles, and great advice available online today, great website promotion and running a successful online business still comes down to the simple act of providing great service and helping people with their concerns and/or problems. This article will give 4 key points in providing great website promotion.
Five Ways to Increase Your Website Conversion Rate
Though it's wonderful to get all those hits to your e-commerce web site, hits don't mean much unless you convert them into sales. This is especially true if you are paying for, and not converting, clicks.
One In A Million - Make Your Site Stand Out
"One in a million". What do I mean by that? Well, for those of you who have dabbled in internet businesses such as affiliate programs and network marketing businesses, you would know that these programs generally provide an entire website for you to market their program.
Cant Write Articles For Links? Write code!
If you've subscribed to an seo newsletter for longer than a week, you're well aware that writing articles with tips and advice pertaining to your website's subject is a great way to generate links and traffic. But what if you can't write or are afraid to write? Well, if you can write software, you're still in luck! In this article I'll show you a trick that can still garner you hundreds of links and won't require you know the difference between adjectives and adverbs.
Ten High Powered Ways To Increase Your Traffic
Once you have finshed designing your website, you want to get as much traffic as possible. You can use the following ways to get traffic.
Power Training for your website
You have permission to publish this article electronically or in print, free of charge, as long as the bylines are included. Power Training for your Website - Build that traffic By Marc Lindsay We all know what it is like to get in the gym and do a darn good workout don't we?? It feels exhilarating and you walk away with a sense of achievement and that you have done something right to your body Well I was in the gym the other day doing the strength component of my training and I it made me question myself.
I Need Real Visitors, NOT Search Spiders!
The answer to the first question is simple, the difference between spiders and visitors is dollars. Good old fashion sales, cha ching! ring the cash register.
4 Steps to a Robot's Tea Party
Creating a new website is only the first stage in what is a long, arduous process to internet success. Millions of new websites, many of them intended to be commercial, are created every year and then????nothing happens.
5 Reasons Why Link Swapping Is Killing Your Website
I created my first website in 1995 - it was so long ago I built it out of rock and wood, not HTML.Shortly after it went live I realised that nobody apart from me could see it and it started to dawn on me what this 'Internet thing' is all about.
The Power of Link Exchanges
Let's face it. Getting webmasters to link to your site is difficult.
10 Magic Ways To Multiply Your Orders
1. Use reward programs to keep people revisiting your web site and buying your products.
Website Promotion: 10 Volcanic Tactics To Ignite Your Profits
If your website sales are down and you desire to ignite it and instantly begin to generate more profits, you may use these website promotion secrets:1. Create a memorable logo and slogan to brand your business on the internet.
How To Quickly Make Money With Your Website?
Quickly making money with a website is the dream of all new online marketers but can it be done and if so how is it done. This article tells what I did in order to start making money in less than 3 weeks with a brand new website in the competitive insurance industry.
Website Promotion - Writing Articles Generates Traffic Four Different Ways
Writing articles and submitting them to free content sites is a great way to promote your Website at no cost. This technique generates traffic for your Website in at least four different ways.
Free Online Advertising: 10 Dynamic Secrets To Make Your Ad Stand Out And Ignite Sales
No matter what you're marketing or promoting, if your Ad doesn't stand out, no one will notice and read it.If it stands out, it will get attention and you'll generate sales.
|Home | Site Map|